What is Western Culture?
The western culture is associated to the European civilization. It is a broad term which refers to ethnic values, norms, traditions, political systems, artefacts and even religion in Europe and even to countries that have intimate relationship with Europe through colonization or those which have European influence.
Art in Western Culture
The Western culture has a very rich heritage when it comes to art. The best artists are those which are of Western blood. The art of the western culture are often connected to intense emotions, philosophy, war, gothic and enigmatic creations. The western art has evolved over different periods where different artistic emphasis is seen. Even if it underwent changes, still, the western art remains timeless.
The popularity of western art is so accepted that it reached even the smallest boundaries as within a home. The richness of a house and the classiness of a family are often allied to the western décor it boasts of.
As opposed to this belief, it is not as expensive as it may sound and appear. There are tips in making your home elegant with indigenous and cheap materials adopting western art.
Western Décor Ideas
- Cowboy boots- Leather type of boots may be used as lamp base. If you happen to lose the other pair, one piece is enough. You just have to wash it and let it dry thoroughly before assembling the electrical structure inside. Place the yellow-colour bulb and light it up.
- Throw Pillows-Throw pillows which are unconsciously having western art design such as stripes, checkers or tribal styles are usually sold in home departments. Make sure to look for those with bright to pastel colours.
- Heavy iron- Deeply linked to the western art is heavy irons used in chains or lamp frames and even in armours of old warriors. Pieces of this may become part of your western décor such as toilet paper holder for those irons with curvy structures or candle holders and even towel hangers.
- Furniture- Tables, chairs, cabinets and even working desks can have a touch of western art. In choosing so, those made of iron with rusty effect or those made of wood with mouldy designs look like those of western décor. Chairs with fabrics having floral design, flour de leis drawings, multi shapes and even horses such as animals when complemented with the right material are actually western art decors.
- Dark-coloured accessories- Western art introduced gothic ideas to art. Having small pieces of decorations placed in table tops, cabinets or cupboards can give you room a western look.
- Flowers – Romantic emotions are captured in the western art. One of the best languages of love is flowers in bright colours. Perhaps, a golden vase with pink roses on top of your dining table contributes to the western ambience of your home.