Whoever said making your home look more appealing and comfortable is expensive has never tried making handmade. Probably looking for a professional interior designer costs so much but if you have confidence on your creativity and you have the commitment to try then be your own home’s interior designer.
The totality of the beauty of your house largely depends upon its interior. But the entire drama would not be complete without the furnishings on the side to add to the theme of your room. This one is basic because you can have it done with your own hands.
Handmade home decors
You start by looking at the current design of your house. Is it cramped already? Or do you still have some space to spare? Does it look crowded? Does it look dull? Are there so many colours? Is your house plain-looking? From this point, you can conceptualize what additional decors to add to complement with the over-all aura of your room. You would not want to ruin it, wouldn’t you?
Homemade decors samples
There are varieties of simple home décors which may be crafted with your own hands in the comfort of your own home. Listed below are some easy do-it-yourself decors.
- Centre pieces- This may be placed in your living room or in the dining. Small shells found in the beach may be glued together in a circular form. A small porcelain vase with a smaller circular vase can be put atop this piece.
- Picture frames- This is rather common but very detailed. Twigs from plants are glued together and cut to the desired size. Make four pieces of them then form them into a rectangle or a square. On the side, you can add coloured shells or even painted disposable spoons for variance in texture.
- Jewellery hangers- A long piece of wood may be used. If you find an unused curtain rod, that would be good too. Place this on the sides of your vanity cabinets and make sure to allow a small space from the walls of the cabinet. This will look better if you add twisted leads around it for additional surface.
- Pen holders- Instead of the typical used cup or promotional glass; why not make use of a scraped wood? The scraped wood may be shaped into a cylinder glued on the sides to hold the pens better.
- Beverage coaster- For your tea cups meant for decoration, add a colourful beverage coaster made out of wood or small rocks bonded together formed into a circle or square.
- Magazine racks- Old cardboards or fabrics may be used as magazine racks. You just have to put small-sized wood on the sides to serve as foundation.
- Fridge magnets- Make colourful flowers or cute animals out of papers. You may also use small rocks with beautiful formations or sea shells. Glue them on a small magnet and place these on your fridge.
- Wine rack- To make your holidays even more special, you can make a handmade wine rack using pieces of wood assembled together to form a square hole. Make it festive by adding cracked pieces of coloured tiles on the sides.
- Place mats- A big part of family gathering is dining. One way to show off your skills apart from making sumptuous meals is by creating place mats. Old twigs glued together, flattened ad shaped into square or circle may be used as plate holders.